I am part of the Wairarapa Independent Midwives, along with Kate Wilson and Laura Wright.
I take a small caseload of women, so I am able to give women the care they need and also be a mum to my daughter. I am available 24/7 and usually have one weekend off-call a month covered by another midwife from our group.
All my midwifery services are paid for by the Ministry of Health, so they are free to you.
I offer family-centred continuity of care throughout your pregnancy, birth and postnatally. This includes:
- Free pregnancy testing
- Pre-pregnancy counselling
- Preparation for birth and parenting
- 24 hour urgent availability
- Support and professional care throughout labour and birth
- Home postnatal visits
- Breastfeeding advice, support and assistance
- Referrals to an obstetrician, paediatrician or another specialist if required
- Referrals for ultrasound scans and blood tests
- Contraceptive advice